20030731: NIMAGE data not updating on ADDE servers

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

>Well, I blew it. No GOES for me after 15:30Z for all the ADDE servers. I
>guess I need to update.

As we discussed on the phone yesterday, the problem was in where the
imagery was being filed on the servers.  I corrected the problem right
after we talked, and then ran into another problem.

>I can't find the email which has the info on how
>to do it...do I need to upgrade McIDAS and McIDAS_XCD?

No.

Here is what happened:

- I was filing the uncompressed Zlib compressed imagery into directories
  that were different from those being looked at by the ADDE servers.
  The same mistake was made on server of the publically accessible
  servers: adde.ucar.edu, papagayo.unl.edu, stratus.al.noaa.gov, and
  atm.geo.nsf.gov.

- the LDM pqact process on adde.ucar.edu got way behind by a flood of
  CONDUIT data.  As you noted, the imagery was an hour old even after
  I corrected the filing location for the NIMAGE data.  The initial
  clue was that the UNIWISC (ADDE dataset RTIMAGES) data was also way
  behind.  This problem corrected itself as soon as pqact was able
  to catch up on the CONDUIT processing

So, mystery solved and corrected.  Thanks for reporting the problem!

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Aug  1 10:15:50 2003

Hi Tom,

Glad to help you track down the problem! Hope the other sites get theirs
fixed soon. Take care!

E-mail: address@hidden                                               ***