20030723: CONDUIT feed slow down / Conduit email list

>From: Jerrold Robaidek <address@hidden>

Hi Jerry,

>We have noticed a significant delay in the GFS GRIDS over the last day
>or so via the CONDUIT feed that we receive on dcarchive.ssec.wisc.edu.
>They usually arrive 3-4 hours after run time, and are now arriving more
>than 7 hours after run time.

This is strange given that the latencies being reported by dcarchive
are no more than 50 seconds:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+dcarchive.ssec.wisc.edu

The latencies that your upstream feed site is seeing is essentially the
same, so there is no latency being introduced by the IDD relay of the data:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+f5.aos.wisc.edu

>Since the NOAAport GFS grids seem on
>time, I was wondering if you guys know of a know problem with the
>CONDUIT feed?

It could be that the data is being updated on the NWS relay machine late.
I have noticed a considerable decrease in CONDUIT volume being received
by the NWS feeder:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?CONDUIT+motherlode.ucar.edu

>Also,  I spoke with Pete Pokrandt in Wisc AOS, and he mentioned a
>CONDUIT email list?  Can I get on that list?  Thanks,

You can subscribe/unsubscribe to any public Unidata-maintained email list
online at: