20030502: Looking for Missing McIDAS Data

>From: Arnold Hori <address@hidden>

Hi Arnold,

Sorry I was unable to get to your note before this morning, but
I was out of town until late last night.

>Yesterday (May1) while modifying my ldmd.conf file I made an error which
>actually cut off the flow of the MCIDAS data feed to our LDM machine. I
>now need to obtain those data.  In your old,
>www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html web page, you describe an archive on
>the gold.ssec.wisc.edu machine.  Is this still active and may I get the
>login information for this system?
>
>If it is not available, could you advise of any other source for the data.
>I'm interested in the GOES-10 and GOES-12 IR-WV-VIS images for once during
>each hour from May1 at 1800Z to May2 at 1800Z.

I neglected to update the web page with the name of the new machine that
is handling this service.  Instead of gold, you should be going to
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.  The user name ansd password are the same as
they were on gold (and the original, but now dead, Unidata-Wisconsin
machine unidata.ssec.wisc.edu).

Tom