20030415: GOES-12, McIDAS and WV

>From:  Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Christian and Clint,

>We're not currently using McIDAS here at UNL,

But they should be ;-)

>but Tom Yoksas at Unidata is
>using our machine as an additional ADDE server.

Clint was kind enough to allow us to use papagayo as one of the
Cooperating Community Data servers.  It has been performing very
nicely in this regard for quite some time now.

>I've passed your message on to him.

And I replied just a bit ago.  The problem that you are seeing is
a result of a bug in the NOAAPORT GINI ingester on our ingest systems.
It can not be fixed until Chiz returns from leave; that will be next
Monday.

>I updated the ldm when the switch-over took place and we have been
>receiving GOES-12 imagery for use with gempak since that time.  I noticed
>today when I looked that a couple images were missing from the past two days,
>but that we have received just about everything we should.  If you are still
>seeing the same thing, you might want to contact Tom.

The best solution for you Christian is to point at either Plymouth State
or the University of Georgia for your GINIEAST data.

Tom