20030415: GOES-12, McIDAS and WV served by ADDE on papagayo.unl.edu

>From:  Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Clint and Christian,

>I looked at what I have for gempak and, with the exception of a couple of
>images each of the past two days, I seem to have GOES-12 WV images.  Does
>something need to be done with the ADDE server?

There shouldn't be.

>That's your baliwick, right?!

Right, that is.

The LDM and ADDE setups on papagayo are correct, so the problem must be
with the Unidata ingestor for NOAAPORT NIMAGE data.

I just checked, and I see that motherlode (adde.ucar.edu) and ATM
(atm.geo.nsf.gov) are showing strangely filed images in the exact same
way as papagayo, but Plymouth State (pscwx.plymouth.edu) and University
of Georgia are not.  motherlode, atm, and papagayo are all getting
the NOAAPORT GINI images from Unidata NOAAPORT ingesters; Plymouth
and Georgia have different NOAAPORT ingesters (Unisys and Planetary
Data, respectively).

Until we can find the problem with our ingester (Chiz is the author
and he is out of the office until next week), the only option for
Christian is to point at either pscwx.plymouth.edu or cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu
for his GOES-East GINI images.

Tom