20030303: moving SDI card to new PC hardware: job device driver

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>
Hi,

We are upgrading the PC hardware for our NOAAPORT SDI ingest system
since the old PC (266 Mhz IBM unit) is sucking wind.

Here is the question that Mike Schmidt, the Unidata sysadmin asked me:

  Tom,

  Would you inquire about the jmb device driver installation
  procedure for moving the card to another system.  I think
  we're looking at;

  - installing jmb and jmb2 in /usr/kernel/drv
  - adding the device driver via;
    add_drv -m '* 0777 root sys ' -i' \"pci10e8,4750\" ' jmb
    add_drv -m '* 0777 root sys ' -i' \"pci10e8,4751\" ' jmb2
  - install card and reboot with reconfigure

I believe that the crux of the question is which device driver
is needed for the NOAAPORT SDI, and how exactly it is installed.

Thanks in advance...

Tom