20021121: Unidata-Wisconsin datastream down (cont.)

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Hi Harry,

>Did you know about this earlier?

No, I didn't.  If I had, I would have done something.

>I posted a message to idd-relay about it first thing this morning.

Since I am not on the idd-relay list, I didn't see your earlier note.
I just took a look at the list and see that there is nobody from SSEC
on the list, and support is also not on the list.  I am changing this
situation now by adding:

address@hidden
address@hidden (Jerrold Robaidek)
address@hidden (Tom Yoksas)
address@hidden (Unidata User Support)

I was suprised that nobody from SSEC is on the idd-relay list.  I
was not suprised that I wasn't ;-)

Unfortunately, I don't have a logon to gold.ssec.wisc.edu, so I can't
jump on it to see what is wrong.  We had a conference call with SSEC
Data Center folks on Tuesday, and we agreed to try to get the new
Sun E450, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu, ready to take over Unidata-Wisconsin
preparation duties as soon as possible.  This may be as early as next
week, but given Thanksgiving, it may slip to early December.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Nov 21 20:40:15 2002
>To: address@hidden
>CC: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20021121: Unidata-Wisconsin datastream down

Hi

We stopped and restarted ldmadmin between 0300 UTC and 0330 UTC and it
appears to us that things are flowing, though, to us, it looked like
things were flowing all day, so if you are are still seeing problems
with the feed, please let us know.

Douglas Ratcliff
UW-SSEC Data Center