20020912: File counts (cont.)

>From: Kelvin Droegemeier <address@hidden>

Kelvin,

>>Access to the files is password protected ('cause it is combined with
>>access to online data), so you will need to know the password to see
>>the numbers

>I tried to click on the links but none of the pages worked.  It didn't
>seem to be a password issue, but rather a broken link.

I just did this from home from Netscape 4.77 running on my RedHat 7.1
Linux system.  I am betting that you tried to look at the files using
Internet Explorer under Windows.  Am I correct?  We have seen problems
with IE and pages that require a password for access.  I will touch
base with our system administrator to see if there is anything I can
do about this for IE users.

>>I was under the impression that
>>you are getting Level II data from a lot more than 6 sites.

>Right...we're getting data from 57 radars but are confining our
>file count analysis to just a few at this time (eventually we'll be
>increasing it).  We are, however, looking at latencies from
>a number of other radars to get a representative mix of different
>comm link strategies.

OK, this matches what Linda relayed.

>>Is the web access sufficient?

>Will let you know...this might do the trick.  I'll let you know once
>I can see the files.

I will work on the IE access today.  For interest sake, if you could
try the same access from a non-Windows IE environment it would tell
us if you really are seeing an IE-realted problem.

>>re: calling

>OK...but I'll be at the UCAR meetings next month and perhaps we
>can meet then!

Sounds good.

>>The IDD is a research project
>
>That's a good point!

The IDD works pretty well, but there are no guarantees.  After all, we
can't guarantee something we don't have total control of.

To recap: I will check into what we can do for IE access.  If you can,
please try the access from either Netscape under Windows or any other
OS.

Tom