20020901: MCIDAS AREA FILE PROBLEM

>From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>

Jim,

>Have their been any changes in the global composite mcidas satellite
>area files in the past week?

Not that I know of.  There has, however, been work on getting a new
Unidata-Wisconsin datastream injection machine up and running.  That
machine is using a new set of scripts to generate all of the images
in the UNIWISC datastream.  You should not be seeing those images,
however, since no IDD machine is feeding from it.  I guess that
there is the possibility that the person making the mods on the new
machine made the same/similar mods on the old machine (currently 'gold').
I will have to relay your inquiry to SSEC to follow-up on this possibility
(I don't have login access to 'gold').

>The WXP xsat program for the past few days has not been able to center
>the data in a script that I have been using for several years. The
>navigation seems to have changed (see attached example).

I looked at your example and see the problem you are facing.  The
navigation in the images are good, however, since I was able to load
the latest Mollweide IR from pscwx into McIDAS and draw maps on it
with no problems.

Tom