20020703: GOES-West archive imagery request status (cont.)

>From: "Creasey, Robert" <address@hidden>

Bob,

>Great news... is there a way that I can just ftp the data...We are using
>gempak/garp here now

The only problems with FTPing the data is one I alluded to in my previous
email:

o the images are 10-bit; as far as I know, GEMPAK does not handle these
o the images are oversampled in the element dimension

>and do not have a current version of mcidas running at the moment.

Do you have _any_ version of McIDAS running?  If so, you should be
able to IMGCOPY the data to your system.  The IMGCOPY will allow
you to do the transformations that are probably needed (i.e., reduce
to 8-bit and remove oversampling in the element dimension).

If this is not a possibility, then I will try to set aside some time
to do the conversion for you (a one shot deal) and then give you FTP
access.

Tom