[no subject]

>From: "Sarah Delene Winters" <address@hidden>

Sarah,

>In the past, McIDAS has been difficult for NC State to handle; we don't need
>the complexity of McIDAS. We're looking for data that comes in a navigational
>format to put into a model.

OK.  I understand not wanting to use McIDAS because of its complexity,
but I don't understand not wanting to use image data in the McIDAS AREA
format.  After all, you don't have to use McIDAS to use the data in the
AREA format.  GEMPAK is a good example of a package that can use
imagery in AREA format.  Aside from the AREA format being very
flexible, it is a standard.

>GINI sounds ideal; do you know where I can find a
>manual or documentation/information on GINI?

OK, got to the NOAAPORT User's Page:

http://205.156.54.206/noaaport/html/noaaport.shtml

and click on the NOAAPORT Reference Documentation Downloadable NOAAPORT
link:

http://205.156.54.206/noaaport/html/refs.shtml

The docs for GINI format should be found in the ICD for AWIPS-NESDIS
section.  These are downloadable as Wordperfect or PDF documents.

>I appreciate your help.
>Thanks,

No worries.

To Yoksas