20020514: access to recent data (cont.)

>From: Jim Smith <address@hidden>

Jim,

>We are misssing 5/13 16UTC through 5/14 12 UTC.  Can we get them from you?

Yes, we have these images.

Please note that the following is to be used sporadically and not as
a substitute for a realtime data feed.

Go to:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu

and click on:

Access Data Archive
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/index.html
  Decoded data archives
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded
    gempak
    http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak
      areas
      http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/gempak/areas

Under the last link you will find access to the primary image types
included in the Unidata-Wisconsin broadcast.  This "rolling archive" is
designed to contain the last fifteen days of images.  As images become
older than the 15 day limit, they are deleted out of the holding.

To transfer any of the data in the archive, you will need to enter the
following information:

pass: lotzodata

Again, none of the data in this archive is to be used as a substitute
for a feed of realtime data by our IDD.  It is intended for occasional
use only.  Thanks for complying with this!

If you find that you need more frequent access to the types of data in
this archive, we would encourage you to investigate use of McIDAS ADDE
access to the online holdings.  All of the data usable by McIDAS and
the Unidata MetApps applications can access this data source.  GEMPAK
format data can only be accessed by the web (illustrated above) or by
FTP (which we find we must limit).

Please let me know if you have any problems or questions...

Tom