20020424: Unidata-Wisconsin datastream generation on gold (cont.)

>From: Jerrold Robaidek <address@hidden>

Jerry,

re: UW stream not quite back to normal

>I found and restored the original pnginject.k onto gold ....

Excellent.  Where was it?

>I will now be looking into getting the science products working.

>From address@hidden Wed Apr 24 11:13:43 2002

>I think I have all of the CIMSS science products up and running on
>gold.  Let me know if everything looks okay from your end.

The entries in the png log file on gold, ~ldm/mcidas/png, look good.
In particular, the default product cylinder numbers are back to what
they were, and I see that one CIMSS product (CA, Cloud Top Temperature)
has also been sent.

<couple of minutes later> OK, I just saw the products sent by gold make
it to a machine here in our office.  The route to this machine is
gold->motherlode->shemp.  Things look to be back to normal.

Please detail what you did so we can reference it later (these emails
are being put in our inquiry tracking system).

Also, while looking over things this morning, I had half a mind of
changing the default cylinder numbers being sent in the broadcast (I
was thinking about this in preparation for you not being able to find
the original stuff from a backup of unidata.ssec).  When I did the mods
on unidata.ssec back in the summer of 2000, I made sure to replicate
the default AREA file numbers that were in use for the delta-encoded
products.  These were basically:

Pcode   Cylinders    Product
-------+------------+--------------------------------
  UA    160 - 153    Educational Floater I
  UB    170 - 173    GOES-West WV
  UC     60 -  63    Educational Floater II
  UI    150 - 153    GOES-East IR
  UV    140 - 143    GOES-East VIS
  UW    210 - 213    GOES-East WV
  UX    100 - 103    Mollweide Composite IR
  UY    110 - 113    Mollweide Composite WV
  U1    190 - 193    Antarctic Composite IR
  U3    200 - 205    Manually Digitized Radar
  U5    130 - 133    GOES-West IR
  U9    120 - 123    GOES=West VIS
  CA    1100         CIMSS Cloud Top Temperature
  CB    1110         CIMSS Precipitable Water
  CC    1120         CIMSS Sea Surface Temperature
  CD    1130         CIMSS Lifted Index
  CE    1140         CIMSS CAPE
  CF    1150         CIMSS OZONE

The original broadcast would, in lieu of a McIDAS routing table, result
in the filing of 4 of each kind of product, except for the MDR
which would be 6.  The way the CIMSS stuff was setup was to file only
one of each kind of product.

The only change I would make (outside of totally redoing the setup which
we both agree is UGLY) is changing the numbers of products delivered
by default to 10.  Since this is not important, it can wait.

Also, do you want to announce to the community that the full complement
of products have been restored to the UW stream, or would you rather
that I did it?  The list that the message needs to go to is ldm-users.

Again, please detail exactly what you did so we can reference it later.

Thanks for the effort!

Tom