20020313: Binary "readpng" for RedHat Linux 7.2

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

>I am moving my LDM from Sun SPARC to Linux (RedHat 7.2).  Can I get the binary
>decoder "readpng" for GINI satellite data or the source code?

You can get a binary at:

machine: ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user: anonymous
pass: your_full_email_address
directory: pub/binary/linux_2.2.5-i686
file: readpng

Put this file in your ~ldm/decoders (or in your case ~ldm/decoders/bin)
directory, change its mode so that it is executabel, and then verify that
it should run by using 'ldd':

ldd readpng

After that, the pqact.conf actions will be the same/similar (depending
on output directory structure) that you are using on your Sun Solaris
machine.

Tom