20020312: ADDE servers for 1km GINI radar imagery

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

Robert,

>Chiz mentioned this 1km GINI radar imagery to me (see below).
>Can you give me more info from the McIDAS side?

Here is the ADDE server info setup for the dataset NEXRCOMP:

Descriptor  Product                    Decoded file size  Frequency    Feed
-----------+--------------------------+------------------+------------+--------
10KRCM-NAT  10 km national RCM           166880 bytes     30      min  FNEXRAD
1KN0R-FLT   1 km regional floater N0R    361280 bytes     7 - 10  min  FNEXRAD
6KN0R-NAT   6 km national N0R            401280 bytes     7 - 10  min  FNEXRAD
1KN0R-NAT   1 km national N0R          14208533 bytes     10 - 15 min  NIMAGE

Here are the servers for this data (so far):

cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu
pscwx.plymouth.edu
stratus.al.noaa.gov
papagayo.unl.edu
atm.geo.nsf.gov
adde.ucar.edu

You know the drill:

DATALOC ADD NEXRCOMP pscwx.plymouth.edu
DSINFO IMAGE NEXRCOMP

IMGDISP NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT STA=TWX MAG=-6 EU=BREF24 REFRESH='EG;MAP H;BAR'

from this pick out an area of activity, like:

IMGDISP NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT LATLON=32 84 MAG=1 EU=BREF24 REFRESH='EG;MAP H;BAR'

For best viewing results, grab:

MDR.ET    <- slightly modified MDR enhancement for use with MDR and 10KRCM-NAT
BREF24.ET <- 24 level enhancement for use with NEXRCOMP N0R composites
BREF24.ST <- stretch table to match BREF24.ET; you can get by without this

from the pub/mcidas/data directory of anonymous FTP on our FTP server,
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.

Please let us know what you think of these composites.

>Also, if people want to point their RTIMAGES to uldbldm.nsbf.nasa.gov
>they can get our 100 days (or so) worth of MOLL-IR and MOLL-IRTOPO
>imagery.

Sounds great.  Thanks.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Mar 12 13:46:02 2002
>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>
>To: "Unidata Support" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re:20020312: ADDE servers for 1km GINI radar imagery

Thanks Tom and of course at some future date GMS/Meteosat/GOES
full disk will be available.  The full disk would be dependent
on a bandwidth upgrade which is looking like it will never happen.

I will check these out from home tonight.

Thanks,
Robert

>From address@hidden Tue Mar 12 20:09:47 2002
>Subject: Re:20020312: ADDE servers for 1km GINI radar imagery

Very cool indeed!  I knew Unidata would come up with some way of doing
1km national composites.  You guys are great.  I am looking
forward to getting nex2gini in GEMPAK5.6f and using the results in
McIDAS also. I guess the next step is a 1km precip-type composite.
The best I can do every 10 minutes with GEMPAK now is national
2.5km precip type composite.

Thanks,
Robert