20020225: NEXRAD Products on pscwx

>From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>

Jim,

re: serving the NEXRAD composite reflectivity products we are generating

>You can indeed set this up on pscwx. We'll put it in a directory called
>"/huge/nowrad".

Excellent.

>I am also working to get us on Abilene--hopefully by the
>end of summer. Since this will be a link at PSC only for meteorology, we
>should be able to avoid any congestion problems in the future.

If you have a direct link to Abilene, you shouldn't have any congestion
problems ever :-)

re: setup for serving METEOSAT data

>Yes, we'd put this in /huge/meteosat.

OK.

I logged onto pscwx to get the setup going and accomplished a couple
of the things that are needed in the 'mcidas' account.  I will be working
on the rest tomorrow and/or Friday.

Tom