[no subject]

>From: John Wahr <address@hidden>

John,

>I work at CU.  I am involved in a NASA satellite gravity mission called
>GRACE, which will be launched in March.  By combining GRACE data with
>river flow gage measurements, we should be able to estimate
>precipitation minus evaporation for individual river basins throughout
>the globe.  We will want to compare our P-E estimates with predictions
>from NCEP models, to see how well they agree.

Sounds interesting.

>Does UNIDATA distribute precipitation and evaporation fields from any
>of the NCEP models?  Global models would be best, since we can look at
>rivers anywhere.  But regional models would be useful, too.

We provide access to the NCEP models broadcast in NOAAPORT.  Some of these
models contain precipitation and humidity fields, but I don't know of any
off of the top of my head that have evaporation fields.  We also distribute
the high resolution model output that is also available from NCEP FTP
sites.  I can't tell you if these data have evaporation fields, but they
should have precipitation and humidity fields.

>Thanks,
>
>-  John Wahr
>Department of Physics
>Campus Box 390