20020117: LDM ICD

>From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>

Carl,

>I'm looking for a control document for LDM.  I'm needing to know the
>layout of the LDM headers that contain all the info about the data; such
>as the timestamps, origin, feedtype, signature, etc.  I need something
>more that just pqbinstats has, but also more than pqutil has. I'd like
>to have something that has a little bit of both.  A document that tells
>me how the headers are laid out will help.  Does such a doc exist?

If you are referring to documentation of the product headers, then
this is external to the LDM.  Online documents on the information in
product headers can be found in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  Data Sources
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Data_Sources.html
    Data Stream Details
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/data.detail.html
      Meteorological Products Processed at the NWS Telecommunications Gateway
      http://205.156.54.206/oso/dir_subset.shtml

The last page (and links from it) contains information on the format
of NWSTG products.  Please let us know if this was the kind of information
you were looking for.

>Thanks.
>Carl Sinclair
>CAPS Research Associate