Re: 20020109: IP addresses for Unidata machine at SSEC Tom Yoksas <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Denise,

In the strictest sense, the RAID units don't need to be on the network.
It's only value is to be aware of a unit failure before it happens, but
since the data isn't irreplacable, it's not required.  We could also
interconnect the RAIDs off a dedicated ethernet card on the system itself
at some later point.

Do you have a quote or good source for the networking gear if it the
decision is made to go that way?

mike