20011214: request for access with another server

>From: "David B. Bukowski" <address@hidden>

Dave,

>CLIMATE.COD.EDU
>192.203.136.227
>
>is now sharing the load of MCIDAS processing as weather.cod.edu
>192.203.136.228
>
>could you please grant access to any servers that are required.. basically
>whatever weather is allowed on... which i think the Satellite data is
>requested and unsure about the rest.

The cooperating community of ADDE server sites is not limiting access
by machine/IP.  Any machine that weather.cod.edu has access to will
also permit access to climate.cod.edu.  What the situation may be
on your own machines could be another case, however.  For instance,
if you are using TCP wrappers to control access to ADDE services on
either weather or climate, then you would need ensure that you have
allowed the machine(s) you want.

>So ADDE server access to climate.cod.edu in addition to weather.cod.edu
>(still) is probably what I would need.

This is controlled on your machines, not by/at Unidata.  Again, if your
are using TCP wrappers to control access to these machines, you need
to modify /etc/hosts.allow to include the machines you want to provide
acces to for 'mcservsh' services.

If I have misinterpreted your request, please let me know.

>Thank you

Tom Yoksas