new radar product on NOAAPort

FYI...

tom

Subject: SST - Addition of New Radar Products to SBN Data Stream
From: "Ken Hager" <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:26:18 -0500

Later this morning, we will add eleven additional radar products to the
SBN data stream.  These products will have WMO headers which will
prevent them from getting into NWS AWIPS sites so, for the time being,
they will only be available to NOAAport users.  Eventually, in an as-yet
unidentified future AWIPS release, the functionality that will allow NWS
sites to safely receive and process this data will be added.

In order to activate the new products, we will log into each AWIPS site
and download an updated prodList.txt file.  Once that file is in place,
we will kill the current version of RadarStorage.  A new version will
spawn automatically which will read the new prodList.txt file when it
starts.  From that point on, the site will begin sending out the eleven
new radar products with the new WMO headers.

EOF

--
Tom Whittaker (address@hidden)
University of Wisconsin-Madison