20010704: LFMK METAR not on IDD?

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

Christian,

>Some international METAR stations are not in my surface files processed with
>LDM with this pqact.conf config:
>
># International sfc obs and specials in hourly files yymmddhh_sao.wmo
>WMO     ^S[AP].... .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>        STDIOFILE       \n      data/surface/sao/(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2_sao.wmo
>
>By example, I cannot find any obs for LFMK station.
>
>But if I go to the NWS, I can find it:
>http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl?cccc=lfmk
>
>Is it a problem in my config or it is not routed through IDD?

I can't find observations for LFMK on any system I have ADDE access to,
and this includes at least one machine that is getting the full NOAAPORT
datastream from a direct satellite broadcast (i.e., the LDM/IDD is not
involved).

>If so, why?

It is known that not all of the worldwide stations get included in the
streams that we get from NOAAPORT.  Why this is the case I can not tell
you.  If you could assemble a list of stations that are definitely never
in the stream, we can send the list to the NWS to see if they can be added
or find out why they are not there.  As a side comment, I can add that
this situation has come up before and we have had varying degrees of success
getting the stations added to the stream that our sites use.

>Thanks a lot again,
>
>Christian Page
>UQAM

Tom Yoksas