Regarding COAMPS and NOGAPS distribution, FNMOC is really providing the service. I think it's your call. What Unidata is always concerned about is the liability issue if data are used in an operational setting. Commercial entities tend to think "operational" use, which means reliability. Also, for us it's the support load and the fact that we get most of our funding from the NSF to support university research and education activities. The service you are providing is really your service with a little help from us. If FNMOC wants to share the data with other groups, e.g., WSI, that's your call. I would think if you remind them that the feed is not considered "operational" that would suffice.

I guess that was a long answer to a short question. I hope I addressed your need.

Linda

--On Thursday, May 31, 2001 10:31 AM -0700 LCDR David Dimitriou <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Linda,
Just out of curiousity. Does WSI meet the requirements for participation in
LDM?   The Navy has products being reused/reissued by commercial enterprises
already. So it's not an issue for us. Just wondering.
Dave D

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden]On Behalf Of Peter Neilley
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 10:45 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: GODAE

David,

  We would like to receive the data via LDM.  We will be using the
data to assist in general weather forecasting as supplement to the
MRF and ECMWF data.

The machine that will grab the data is wsi-200-119.wsi.com which
should have an IP address of 4.36.200.119.

Thanks.

Dr. Peter P. Neilley
Scientist
WSI