20010423: NOAAPORT SDI card replacement (cont.)

>From: Denise Laitsch <address@hidden>

Denise,

After continuous operation for 24 days with no significant glitches, I
felt it was time to touch base with you regarding the replacement
SDI card that you sent to LSU.

In short, the replacement card, operating in the same PCI slot as the
old one, appears to be functioning with none of the lock problems that
were seen with the card that LSU returned to you.

I trust that Bob L. will chime in with any conflicting information
if he has any.  If necessary, Bob can be reached directly at:

address@hidden
225-578-5023

Once again, thanks are in order for the replacement of the faulty SDI
card.  This has returned the LSU IDD node to functionality.

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Mon Apr 23 13:01:06 2001
>To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>CC: address@hidden, address@hidden,
>   address@hidden, address@hidden,
>   Kevin Robbins <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010423: NOAAPORT SDI card replacement (cont.)

04/23/2001

Just a note related to the attached, so far so good!
The NOAAPort at LSU has had no failures since the SDI card replacement. The
replacement card is in the same PCI slot as the the original SDI card.

Thanks once again to all involved in the SDI card diagnosis and the acquisition
of the replacement card. Special thanks to Anne Wilson, Mike Schmidt, Robb
Kambic, and Denise Laitsch.

address@hidden
225-578-5023