20010219: serving NOAAPort GINI satellite imagery

>From: "Jason J. Levit" <address@hidden>

Mark,

I am writing to you based on reommendations by Jason Levit.

To recap what has transpired previously, I offer (Jason's comments are
preceded with a '>'):

  From address@hidden Wed Feb  7 14:06:27 2001
  To: "Jason J. Levit" <address@hidden>

  Jason,

  >We've got a new NOAAPort system here at OU, and soon I'll be able to
  >receive satellite data through the system.  Does anyone have examples of
  >pqact.conf entries to grab the GOES satellite data from the stream?
  >And, I need to convert those data files into McIDAS area format files.

  On another yet related topic, I contact all sites that install NOAAPORT
  ingest systems to see if they would be willing to provide access to
  their GINI data through remote ADDE services.  So far, Unidata/NCAR,
  University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Georgia, Plymouth State
  College, and CU/CIRES have agreed to host such services.  Access at the
  University of Oklahoma would help provide regional access to the high
  resolution imagery available in NOAAPORT, so I am hopeful that you (OU)
  would be willing to participate.  One benefit from doing this would be
  that I could setup the ADDE server on a host of your choice and you
  would then have the GINI to AREA conversion facility you asked about
  above.

Jason responded with (Jason's comments preceded with a '>'):