Data Access Problems from SSEC Data Center

The University's Computer Services department has stopped all traffic
emanating from the network where the SSEC Data Center's computers
reside, due to a computer on the network being hacked and used for DOS
attacks.

While we continue to ingest, and archive data,  most data is unable to
leave our network.  There is no estimate of uptime at this point.

We will keep you informed.

--
SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden
UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter

>From address@hidden Mon Dec 18 10:37:32 2000
>Subject: Data Access Problems from SSEC Data Center Resolved as of 1730UTC

SSEC's network connections have been restored as of 1730UTC.

Please let us know if you have any further difficulty accessing our
data.

Thank you for your patience.

--

--------------E57034670112BFE60F50A155