20001214: NEXRAD Level III floater selection for IDD (cont.)

>From: Eric Horst <address@hidden>

Eric,

Thanks for the quick reply!

>Thanks for the kind feedback.

You deserve it!  We really do believe that the service that you have
been providing is invaluable.  It is one of the best examples of
Unidata community efforts that we are so proud of.

>We would be glad to continue this service to
>the Unidata Community as well as make the NEXRAD selections for the 10 new
>sites.

Excellent!  We would like to start out with 3 floater sites, not the
10 maximum.  If things don't melt, we can increase the number after
doing some canvassing of the community.

>I have viewed the new NOAAport IDD Floaters Sites Selection website,
>and it looks great!

Robb Kambic deserves the credit here.  He is looking around for a
larger version of the same map so it will be easier to read the
individual NEXRAD sites.  By the way, the regions shown in red will
eventually be used for selection of regional composites of various
Level III products (just in case you were curious).

>Let me know when this new service will be activated and we'll get to work.

Will do.  The time is coming up faster than you may think!

>Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

You too.  Thanks again for the quick reply!