20001203: INDOEX METEOSAT-5 data

>From: 10 <address@hidden>

Robert,

Sorry I couldn't get to this quicker, but I have been finishing the 7.7
distribution of McIDAS (added ADDE support of the compressed NOAAPORT
NIDAS products that are due to be set free on Jan. 1, 2001).

>We have this circumnavigation flight from Alice Springs coming up in
>January (early Jan ) and I have pretty decent sat coverage thanks to
>MSFC, but I am pretty lacking between GMS and METEOSAT-7.  Is there
>any ADDE server running anywhere that you know of where I coukd
>get METEOSAT-5 images..and as far as that goes full-disk G8 and G10?

Unfortunately, I do not know of such a server.  I do know, however,
that the UCAR JOSS program is involved in INDOEX and, I am pretty
sure, is archiving the METEOSAT-5.  JOSS's web page dealing with
INDOEX data can be found at:

http://www.joss.ucar.edu/indoex/

If they are receiving the data in realtime/near-realtime, then it seems
that _something_ could be done to give you access to the data (perhaps
through ADDE if they have a host that is not behind the UCAR/NCAR
firewall).

>I know I could spend $4200 and get it per MB from SSEC, but I had to spend
>my budget on a machine.

I understand that completely!  You can, perhaps, get information about
the availability of the METEOSAT-5 data from address@hidden.

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Dec  8 09:29:01 2000
>Subject: Re: 20001203: INDOEX METEOSAT-5 data