20000727: no LDM log files on unidata.ssec.wisc.edu

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Jerry,

>Do you know when you will be making the switch Monday?

I want to make the change during the middle of the day.  Let's day at
18Z.

>We have a MCIDAS entry in our pqact.conf file on unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
>to handle MCIDAS AREAs as they come in ... using lwtoa3 is executed,

OK, these should still work since the data will be sent in both forms.

>I'm guessing that we will have to change that to pnga2area, correct?

You should transition to the use of pnga2area as soon as you can.  Things
will not break on Monday, however.

>You may be asking your self.... why is SSEC receiving the MCIDAS stream
>on unidata.ssec.wisc.edu, the machine that generates the data?  The
>reason is, we have a display that verifies individual products being
>sent out.  If we do not receive a product that was sent, or should be
>sent, a red box appears, otherwise a thumbnail size image appears on the
>display.

Right.  You pointed this one out to me back in May when I was in Madison
for the Unidata Policy Committee meeting.

>Thanks for the info,

Later...

Tom