20000516: access information for Unidata-Wisconsin datastream archives

>From: James F Garten <address@hidden>

Jim,

>Thank you for you recent help in obtaining the McIDAS software.
>We appear to have it up and running on my Linux pc.

Very good.  I trust all went smoothly.

>Now all
>I need is to get my hands on some data. Perry Samson (the
>official contact here at AOSS at Michigan) has proven
>to be difficult to get a hold of, and no one else around his
>office seems to know anything about McIDAS;

This is not suprising.  The U of Mich was never really a big McIDAS user.

>can you give me
>the user name and password that will allow me to retrieve files
>from the Unidata-Wisconsin Datastream Archives?

Yes.  Here is the info:

user: XXXXXX
pass: XXXXXX

For information on the retrieval process, please review:

Unidata Home Page
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  Data Sources
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Data_Sources.html#archives
    List of Unidata sites archiving recent NOAAport data
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/recovery.html
      Unidata-Wisconsin Archive
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

Education/research sites (.EDU sites) can also get free access to a subset
of the satellite imagery data maintained in the SSEC Data Center archive.
For more information, please review:

Space Science and Engineering Data Center
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/
  Archive Data Information
  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/archive.html
    EDU Requests