20000306: Plymouth NOAAPORT receivers and GINI imagery

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Jim,

I wanted to touch base with you about your NOAAPORT installation.  I am
under the impression that you have a full NOAAPORT receive installation
meaning that you are getting all 4 channels.  Is this true, or am I
dreaming?

If you are getting all 4 NOAAPORT channels, do you have a setup where
this data can be shared by your machines running FreeBSD?  The reason I
am interested is that I have developed McIDAS ADDE "dir" and "get"
servers (for listing and loading, respectively) for the GINI data in
NOAAPORT.  We have these servers running here at the UPC and are
routinely looking at, and allowing some other sites to look at, all of
the imagery in channels 1 and 2, and the experimental Northern
Hemisphere Multi-satellite composite image that is in channel 4.  If
your setup allows for access to the data on one or more of your FreeBSD
machines, then it would be a simple step to provide ADDE access to
Unidata sites.  My goal is to identify a set of sites (as many as
possible, actually) that have the data and are willing to share it.  If
you are not interested in this, I will certainly understand and stop
pestering you.

Also, do you know any other Unidata sites that might be ingesting
NOAAPORT channels 1 & 2?

Any information you can provide would be most appreciated.  Thanks
in advance...

Tom Yoksas