20000221: archived data

>From: Mark Anderson <address@hidden>

Mark,

>I was wondering where you could get archived data for McIDAS. I'm
>looking for the raobman and raobsig data sets for 17 and 18 Feb 2000.
>You used to be able to get them from Wisconsin, but there are not in the
>neartime data stream anymore.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

I put "raw" data files for 11, 12, 13, and 14Z on 17 and 18 Feb in
the pub/mcidas directory of anonymous FTP on our FTP server,
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.  The files to grab are:

2000021711_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021712_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021713_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021714_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021811_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021812_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021813_DDPLUS.wmo
2000021814_DDPLUS.wmo

In order to create McIDAS MDXX files from these data files, you will
have to run them through the McIDAS-XCD upper air data monitor,
DMRAOB.  The absolute easiest way to do this is to insert the products
into the LDM's queue and let your system's XCD setup handle the rest.
The procedure would involve using pqinsert and may take some fiddling
with the feed type and pqact.conf entries.  Since I have never done
this before, I am not sure of exactly what it will take.  I will try to
see if I can come up with the procedure for doing this in the next day
or so.  The good news is that we have the reports themselves so the
rest is just engineering.

Tom