FW: ADDE

MUG,

We are trying to grant access to our McIDAS-X ADDE server (UW McIDAS-X
7.501, SGI Origin 200, dual 180 MHz R10000) to Gilbert Sebenste at NIU who
is running (Linux Redhat 6.0 dual PII 450 MHZ Intel-based PC from SW
Technologies with Unidata McIDAS-X 7.605).  We can confirm that he can ping,
traceroute, telnet to port 500, and even see that he "connects" to the ADDE
server in the system log files using the commands shown below, but he is
unable to access any data.  I've attached below the output (with DEV=CCC) of
series of commands that I had him try.  All end with the same result.
Access to the ADDE server is controlled through the etc.hosts allow/deny
files and not through the McIDAS accounting s/w due to security concerns. We
have also verified that reverse DNS works for his machine. Tom Yokas at
Unidata has provided some insight into things but since this is getting over
my head I thought I'd turn to you as well. Any ideas as to the culprit to
this problem?

P.S. As a side note, I can connect to his server (same machine) from our
server (acting as the client of course) without a problem.

Thanks, Anthony

Anthony R. Guillory
NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center
Global Hydrology and Climate Center