Re: 19991214: NLDN Y2K IDD header discussion (cont.)

david,

NLDN y2k compliance testing has completed and is now correct.

NLDN ldm product queues use now 4 digit years in the new nldnldm executable.  i
suggest
you copy this executable into place (i.e. sudo cp
/home/nldntest/nldn.new/nldnldm
/striker1/ingest/bin) and restart the nldnldm when you bring your systems back
up on jan
1 or 3, 2000.  (this will give people a few days to change their pqact.conf
files.)  you
probably want all new executables (i tested with the new ones), so you might
copy other
files too.  i.e. /home/nldntest/ingest.new/srcg++/ingest4.1.3

read /home/nldntest/README.ingest for details.
revised code for ingest4.1.3 is in /home/nldntest/ingest.new/srcg++
actually, there aren't any revisions, either to get it to compile or to make it
y2k
compliant.  so it's the same code that is stored in /home/nldntest/ingest.tar
except
this tarball also contains a ingest/src directory which is all trash (since the
source
is in ingest/srcg++ in the tarball).

read /home/nldntest/README.nldn for details.
revised code for nldnldm is in /home/nldntest/nldn.new
there are a few revisions to get it to compile, and one revision to make it y2k
compliant (4 digit year instead of 2 digit year.)
should you loose track of this directory, old code is stored in
/home/nldntest/nldnldm.tar and a patchfile containing the changes is
/home/nldntest/nldnldm.y2k.patch

-sandy

p.s.  i've removed all temporary files from y2ktest.atmos.albany.edu and
restored the
date with
ntpdate redwood.