19990111: Unidata-Wisconsin Datastream Archives

>From: "Pericles S. Nacionales" <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>  I need to request historical GOES imagery data sets from the
>UNIDATA-WISCONSIN datastream archives and am wondering how one goes about
>requesting such data.  Also, how does one specify geographic extents for the
>Educational or Research floater sectors?
>
>Thanks,
>Perry Nacionales
>Dept. of Forest Resources
>University of Minnesota
>
>address@hidden
>(612) 625 5765

Perry,

See the Unidata-Wisconsin Datastream Archives web page at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html for information
about requesting archived data. When you make a request, you will be
notified by the operator at SSEC when the data is available for pickup.
To FTP the data you request, you will need to login with the
information:
login: XXXXXX
password: XXXXXX

Aside from requesting past data, you will also fine the nearterm
archive of the past approximately 30 days online- which is useful
for retreiving data you may have missed.

You can subscribe to the floater-info email list (which notifies users
about the current floater selection) at: