19990922: NIDS data in NOAAport

>From: "Pandya, Rajul E." <address@hidden>

Rajul,

>I am trying to put together an equipment request and budget for the next
>year, and was wondering how long before the radar data becomes available via
>NOAAport over the IDD. Any information you have would be appreciated.

The last information we heard from the NWS was that the NIDS data could
start being broadcast in one of the NOAAPORT channels (perhaps a new
channel) in one year's time.  We were warned that this timetable might
slip for one reason or other, however.  If it does slip, the slippage
will be in increments of 3 months per occurrance.

I trust that you realize that Unidata has _nothing_ to do with the
scheduling of product transmission in NOAAPORT.  Schedules are
estabilished by and for NWS.  We simply try to look out for our
participating universities' interest.

>Thanks,
>Rajul
>
>Rajul E. Pandya
>Geology and Astronomy
>West Chester University
>West Chester, PA 19383
>V:610.436.2213 F:610.436.3036

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Thu Sep 23 12:07:41 1999

Thanks for the help, and for clarifying that Unidata doesn't have a role in
the scheduling transmission. I thought you would be a good first place to
look for information, and you were. Thanks Agian,
Rajul

Rajul E. Pandya
Geology and Astronomy
West Chester University