Alden HRS termination 10/31/99 questions

Hi,

Is anyone at SSEC aware of Alden's (apparent) plan to discontinue their
Alden HRS satellite broadcast on 10/31/99 (I think this relates to Patty
Shelton's inquiry about feeding one NOAAPORT SDI channel to two XCDs)?

The notice I've seen (second hand from Russ Bolton) indicates they are
moving to IDD and LDM.

This creates some issues for Alden users (such as ourselves) who may wish to
run an XCD system for broadcast (DDS+, IDS, Tinker AWN) data and IDD data
(HRS).

We are interested in finding out how (or if) SSEC plans to support this
change, and if it has any recommendations on configurations (i.e, would it
be better to receive DDS+ and IDS via IDD as well, as long as HRS is going
to come in that way?).  We are committed to using async ingest here for our
Tinker (also known as Carswell) data (although that might change in a year
or so), so we will probably end up with a hybrid of some sort anyway for
some period of time.

Thanks,

Bryan