19990706: floater regions

>From: Michelle Tuorto <address@hidden>

Michelle,

>I am wondering if you maintain a listing of the geographical regions
>highlighted by floaters on a daily basis.  I am primarily trying to find
>out at what times, for the months of November through February for the
>years 1991 through 1998, the Great Lakes region was in a research or
>educational floater.

We do not maintain an easily accessed list of this information.  We do,
however, archive the floater selector site's emails that announce the
positioning of the floater, so _theoretically_ the information you seem
to want might be extractable.  I have to quickly add, however, that,
given the upcoming workshops that we are all in the process of preparing
for, no one here has the time to scan through these emails to get the
information you are looking for.  I could, however, tar up all of the
emails so that you could look through them yourself.  If you decide you
want to do this, please let me know.

>Thanks for your time and help.
>Michelle Tuorto

>Michelle Tuorto
>University of Michigan Atmospheric Science
>Mesoscale Meteorology Lab
>734.764.0564 (W)
>734.623.9377 (H)
>address@hidden