19990629: starting LDM at boot up on dataproc

>From: Unidata User Support

Pam, et. al.,

This note is a follow-up to Pam G's phone call today (Tuesday, June 29)
regarding the new 'uniarch' FTP account that was setup for the joint
SCD-Unidata archive data access project.

First, a question:

o is it necessary for the following directories to exist under the
  top level directory of the 'uniarch' FTP account:

  usr/     lib/     etc/     lib32/   dev/     bin/

  If not, could  you remove them?  Thanks.

Second, the LDM needs to be started at boot/reboot of dataproc.  The
information for what needs to be added is described in:

Unidata WWW HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  LDM
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm
    Configuring the LDM Check List
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmConfigInstallList.html
      Start LDM at boot time
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmConfigInstallList.html#s10

Please let me know if there is anything else you need from us to setup
the automatic start of the LDM.

Thanks for all of the help!

Tom Yoksas