19990610: NetOutages Listserver Broadcast (fwd)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

In a recent message:

>I also forgot to mention what will be affected: All text/model data,
>lightning data, and any weather maps during that time may be delayed
>until the end of the outage. Radar gets first priority with the LDM, and
>it usually gets through on time no matter what.

you are implicitly indicating that you may be relaying the NLDN lightning
data.  If you are relaying this data to any site other than the other
department at NIU, then you must stop immediately.  Our obligations to
Global Atmospherics, Inc. (the owner of the NLDN data) is such that the
data must only be sent point-to-point from SUNY Albany to receivers.
I am not sure that this even allows for on site on a campus to relay
to another, but I am betting that it does.

Thanks in advance for your checking into this...