19990607: Washington data archive setup information request (2nd)

>Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Harry,

I am writing to you to rerequest your input on the joint
Unidata-NCAR/SCD project to give access to retrospective data to
Unidata users.  In support of this endeavor, I have a request and
several questions:

o Would it be possible for you to send me your pqact.conf file that is
  used to file the products into your "archive" system?

o Do you have any overview documents on how directories are laid out, or
  is your pqact.conf file your "blueprint"?

o Also, do you provide just FTP access, or have you developed a web
  interface to the same data (Marshall Space Flight Center has both and
  they are both very useful)?

o What would you do different in your system if you were starting from
  scratch?

o What would you keep the same?

I was hoping to leverage the work that you, Illinois, NCAR/RAP, and
prehaps, Scripps has done in getting things started here.  Of course,
any/all input you might have would be _greatly_ appreciated.

Tom