19990524: Meteosat imagery in McIDAS format

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert, et. al.,

>I am looking for Meteosat imagery in McIDAS AREA format from
>18 Feb 1999 between 06Z and 18Z.  MSFC site has imagery but
>only for the current month.  Can anyone help me out?

Check out NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) ftp site:

machine: cyclone.msfc.nasa.gov
user: anonymous
pass: your_email_address
directory: Weather/METEOSAT-7/McIDAS_areas

While you are at it, you should also browse through the Weather directory
where you will find directories for GOES-10, GOES-8, and GMS imagery.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Mon May 24 14:43:03 1999

Tom,

They were the first ones I tried, but the data on cyclone
does not start until this month.  I e-mailed the contact
listed on the site about older data but have not received
a reply.  Thanks for the reminder though.

Robert

NSBF Meteorology