19990422: NOAAPORT SDI mod

Message from Dee Wade of SSEC regarding needed SSEC NOAAPORT SDI system mods.

------- Forwarded Message

From: Dee Wade <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:54:02 -0500
To: Tom Yoksas <address@hidden>
CC: Dee Wade <address@hidden>
Subject: NOAAPORT SDI mod

Hello Tom,
I know that Chad contacted Unidata right away with his fix but I just
wanted to make it "official" and send you the info below.

Due to apparent NWS changes used to identify MRF/AVN GRIB messages as
binary messages,  GRIB products of these types are not being processed
on your NOAAPORT machine.

SSEC programmers have identified and corrected the problem and modified
the code so that future NWS changes of this type should not affect GRIB
data processing.

TO update your NOAAPORT SDI you will need to get the following ASCII
file and place it on your NOAAPORT machine.  We have set up an anonymous
FTP on the machine gold

FTP to                  gold.ssec.wisc.edu
goto                    /pub/nport
get the file            exceptions

place this file on your SDI in:  /opt/nport

That should take care of the problem.

Dee Wade
- --
Dee Wade