19990125: GOES Unidata-Wisconsin data stream

>From: Rachel Pinker <address@hidden>

Rachel,

>We are interested in the hourly GOES data as available via UNIDATA> We
>need all 5 channels of GOES E and GOES W. We were able to find only 3
>channels: Visisble Sector; Infrared Sector; and Water Vapor Sector.

We only include the three imager channels that you list in the
Unidata-Wisconsin datastream.  This may change in the future, but that
is not a given.

>Are data in the two additional channels also available?

Not in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream.

>Please let us know as soon as possible.

You may want to check out the FTP site maintained by the Marshall Space
Flight Center (MSFC) of NASA:

ftp://cyclone.msfc.nasa.gov/Weather

They have 15-minute GOES East and West imagery for all 5 imager channels,
but the data are not in realtime.  You should also be aware that they
have been know to have some quality problems in the past (scan lines
during dropouts being missing causing the image to be "squished" in the
line dimension thus throwing off the navigation).

>Thank you for your attention to this inquiery.

You are welcome.

> --
>Rachel T. Pinker
>Department of Meteorology
>Space Sciences Building                        Tel:  301-405-5380
>University of Maryland                 FAX:  301-314-9482
>College Park, MD 20742                 address@hidden

Tom Yoksas