Date: Fri, Jul 9, 1999 4:54 PM -0500
From: DeWayne Mitchell <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Re: 19990707: CRAFT Update

Linda and Kelvin, I haven't seen Kelvin's PMC briefing, but we are working
to use LDM in Georgia to distribute compressed Level II data from Peachtree
City, Ga; Birmingham (Hytop), AL; and Greenville/Spartanburg, SC to
Georgia Tech Research Institute.  We are still configuring/testing the
network here at NSSL, but we are hopeful that we can have it online and
working by the end of August.  We are using a SUN Ultra 5 as the LDM server
machine located in the Peachtree City NWSFO to receive the Level II data
broadcast  from all three RIDDS and then broadcast the LDM data packets to
the GTRI  research facility located in Cobb County.  The LDM data packets
will then  be processed by our WDSS-II (early prototype) and displayed.

I will do my best to keep you abreast of our activities and progress.

Regards,
DeWayne

***I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG***

E. DeWayne Mitchell                 ______/~~~\___________________
Nat'l Severe Storms Laboratory      (((((      )   ))~~~~~~~|~~~~~
1313 Halley Circle                     (   (      )          \__
Norman, Oklahoma 73069             ((((  (    )  )          _/  \
(405)3660413(Off)              ___( )((         ))___      /\
(405)3660472(FAX)             ----------/_____\--------      \
address@hidden                     \_/               /\
http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/~mitchell

***I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG*****I DIG***

>Dear Linda,
>
>Sorry about keeping you in the dark!  In fact, there is a very good
summary of >our recent activities in the minutes of a PMC briefing I gave
about 2 weeks >ago.
>I'll send you a copy and we can revise/edit to include other stuff as
>desired.  I also
>can send you the powerpoint presentation that I showed and you can post it
on >the web.  Thanks!

>Kelvin
>

>At 09:48 AM 7/7/99 -0600, Linda Miller wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>It has been quite some time since we have received an update on CRAFT
>>progress.  Would it be possible to find out the latest on the number and
>>locations of WSR-88D systems now delivering and moving level II data.
>>Have there been recent changes to the system, and if so what are they?
>>Who is participating in accessing the data from the radars?  Is there
>>any news from the Tri-Agencies on the effort?
>>
>>In general, an update would be very helpful to keep us apprised of the
>project.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Linda
>>
>>--
>>Linda Miller
>>External Liaison                        Telephone: (303) 497-8646
>>UCAR/Unidata Program Center                   Fax: (303) 497-8690
>>P.O. Box 3000                               E-mail: address@hidden
>>Boulder, CO 80307-3000                  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

Linda Miller
External Liaison, Unidata