19990721: COMET case study tar files

>Date:19990721
>Organization:NOAA
>Keywords:199907211628.KAA25831 COMET case study tar files

Hello Greg,

I believe we may have a density issue at work here.
Our tapes are available in both low-density and high-density formats.
The commands /dev/rmt/0mb -or- /dev/rmt/0mnb are both indicating
medium density [ the m in /0mnb ]. I suggest you try either an l(for low
density) or an h(for high density) depending on the format the tape was
made in. The high density is the default so you may want to try that first
unless you specified low density at the time of the order. The b is also
optional in this command, but I do not think it should impact the
untarring of files. I hope this works for you, if not please write back
with as much info on the error messages that you receive.

Jeff Weber
Unidata/COMET Case Studies

address@hidden
PH:303-497-8676