Case Studies

Dear users of case study data,

    We at Unidata are continuing our efforts to make case study data easy
and friendly to use for the research and educational purposes it is
intended to fulfill. Our hopes are that along with the case studies

 ( http://www.joss.ucar.edu/cometCases/avail.html )

generated here at UCAR, by the COMET Program,
we can enhance the case studies database with contributed cases from the
community. Many weather phenomana are location specific, and regional
expertise lends to a more detailed and insightful case study. If you are
currently using one of your own case studies for research or educational
purposes we encourage you to share it with the community. This can be done
by providing us with the data and ancillary information, or by providing
us a link to your case. We have loaded one contributed case into the
CODIAC system;

 ( http://www.comet.ucar.edu/resources/cases/c14_17oct96/index.htm )

Midwest Cold Season Synoptic Storm, from Lynn McMurdie at the University
of Washington, and hope to make use of many more. COMET maintains a data
archive that can be used to fill holes or embellish your case study data
making it more robust and useful if needed. Many other cases
of interest

 ( http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/casestudies/ofInterest )

currently exist, and although they do not lend themselves
to the CODIAC database, for one reason or another, they are valuable
assets for training, research, and educational purposes. We encourage you
to use the case studies and share your comments. This will enable us to
provide you with the types of data you need in the formats you can easily
use.

Thank you for your time and efforts,

Jeff Weber
UCAR/Unidata