[AWIPS #GXU-309465]: Questions for installing AWIPS

> Is there any installation guides on how to install and configure AWIPS?

It seems you found the installation guide and copied the installation
instructions to your email.  So I'm confused why you're asking for the
installation guide here.

> I created a Windows VM and installed CAVE but I cannot connect  to : I get
> an error when I try to connect (see attached screen shot)

There's probably a firewall application blocking outgoing connections on
certain ports.

http://unidata.github.io/awips2/docs/install/install-edex.html
> Is this the proper way that I should be installing the software?

Yes. selinux must be disabled. The iptables config isn't required to get EDEX
running, but is required for clients to be able to connect.  There needs to be
a directory /awips2/data_store, which is created by the script installEDEX.sh,
which can downloaded from our website and the AWIPS user manual site on github
pages.

> CAVE on the Windows 7 VM and EDEX on RHEL 6 64-bit VM?

Our edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu server is open to the public, so you can at
least test your CAVE connection to that server first.

Ticket ID: GXU-309465
Department: Support AWIPS