[AWIPS #IOJ-933057]: NCEP and PGEN Errors with 16.2.2 Mac and Linux Build

> Hi Michael,
>
> I set up a friend's Mac to work with the latest AWIPS build and I set up my
> own Linux VM on both the NCEP perspective will not open and the PGEN tool
> will not function correctly either with the 16.2.2. For instance the Watch
> boxes will not create instead it creates a never ending line that curves
> like crazy(like a mass of crazy glue), Rather confusing. Just thought I
> would mention it. Thanks, Merry Christmas!

Hi Carl,

The National Centers Perspective is still unsupported on Mac and Windows.  I'll
have to make this more apparent on the download and install documentation. It's
a consequence of the NCP still using deprecated XMl marshalling.

> P.S On the semi functional 15.1.3 Windows version from your page, none of
> the wind data displays, no barbs, arrows or anything, since color fills
> work with other products I find that a little strange too as it's not my
> graphics card.

I believe this is because PyDev needs to be configured for the client, to have
packages such as numpy available for CAVE, otherwise Derived Parameter
calculation will throw errors.  Are you able to define a Python installation in
CAVE > Help > Preferences > PyDev ? If so you could try installing miniconda
for python 2.7 to see if that will solve the issue.

-Michael

Ticket ID: IOJ-933057
Department: Support AWIPS