[AWIPS #NOZ-446761]: Support for Centos 7

> Hi,
>

> I am a new user of AWIPS-II and I was trying to install EDEX on CentOS
> 7 but ran into few dependency issues. Below is the error:
>
> Error: Package: awips2-ldm-16.1.5.3-6.12.14.noarch (awips2repo)
> Requires: compat-gcc-34-g77
> Error: Package: awips2-httpd-pypies-2.2.15-15.15.x86_64 (awips2repo)
> Requires: libpcre.so.0()(64bit)
> You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> Can you please suggest how I can solve this, or I should switch to
> CentOS6 to overcome this.

Hello Kanika,

CentOS and Red Hat 6 are the only supported operating systems at this time.
Unidata is working on an el7 release for AWIPS 16.2.2 but that release date for
that is still to be determined.  I would recommend you install the current
release 16.1.5 on 64-bit CentOS 6.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO